My wife and I love to eat out so I thought I would list our top favorites for the area around Fort Benning.
1) Mikata – Japanese steak and sushi. Located just off Airport Thruway. First class in every respect. There are several Japanese restaurants in Columbus but Mikata is our favorite.
2) Chef Lee’s Chinese Restaurant – Located at Whitesville Rd. and Bradley Park Dr. – Ranked one of the top 10 Chinese Restaurants in America by more than one publication. It is something to see and the food and service is excellent.
3) Ben’s Chophouse – Casual elegant – Located off Airport Thruway – Steaks, Seafood, Burgers and Drinks.
4) Sandwich Shanty – My favorite lunchtime hangout. You have to try the Shrimp Poboy.
5) El Vaquero’s – On the north side of J.R. Allen Pkwy. just off Veterans Pkwy – Best Mexican fare on the planet – Great food and fast service. Margarita night is on Wednesday. See you there!
6) Meditereanean Cafe – Awesome food from pastas, to brick oven pizzas, to Gyros. Must stop in just off Airport thruway.
7) Country’s Barbecue – Downtown on 1st or Veterans Pkwy on the north side. – Columbus is loaded with barbeque. These guys do the downhome cooking and barbecue right.
Panera Bread – Lunchtime favorite of ours for there fresh sanwiches and salads.
9) Cannon Brew Pub – Downtown on Broadway – Great relaxed atmosphere built in a converted foundry. Still has the brick wall look and old belt driven fans. Really cool place to hang out, eat, and have a beverage.
10) Houlihans is a new style restaurant located downtown on Broadway in one of the old mill buildings converted to a restaurant and hotel. The food is great and the setting is relaxing.
This is our top 10 list although there are a lot of other places to like and enjoy in Columbus. We have all the standards and several more off standard. Ask us for a suggestion!
Leave a Reply